If you are thinking of buying a home or some form of commercial property, it is going to be one of the most expensive investments you might ever make. You do not want to take a substantial financial leap without the proper support system and guidance.
You will need a real estate agent to negotiate on your behalf, so you should consider hiring a real estate lawyer from a top real estate law firm in Calgary, AB. Our real estate lawyer will help you navigate through the legal process safely.
What Does a Real Estate Lawyer Do?
In a nutshell, real estate lawyers specialize in legal matters concerning property, and they can handle a host of things ranging from dispute between parties to sale transactions. Expect our attorney from the top real estate lawyer near you to do the following:
- Prepare and review documents on real estate like mortgage documents, purchase agreements, title documents, and transfer documents.
- Witnesses and validates the closure of the deal to make sure that the transfer is legally binding and is in your best interests.
- Resolves issues that arise like lot line problems, improper contracts, or chain of title.
- Our attorney provides representation if your dispute ends up in court.
- There are two types of real estate lawyers:
- Commercial real estate lawyers – These lawyers typically handle construction and development projects. They also handle zoning issues. If you do not own a business, then you won’t need this type of real estate attorney.
- Residential real estate attorney – who handle the purchase of homes, foreclosures, and can resolve tenant/landlord disputes.
How Do You Know If You Need a Real Estate Lawyer?
If you have interacted with a real estate contract, you have realized that it is full of legal jargon that can be challenging for most people to understand. For this reason, our top real estate firm in Calgary can provide an attorney who can interpret the contract and ease the stress.
Here are some pointers to help you choose whether you will need a real estate lawyer or not:
- If you are seeking to start a business or expanding, a commercial real estate attorney can help make sure that you have the approvals you need to construct.
- If there are disputes that have come up because of a real estate dispute
- If you are buying a house and need advice on how to navigate the legal process
- Complex real estate arrangements that are best suited for a lawyer from a top real estate law firm in Calgary, AB.
- If you choose to go for the ‘For Sale By Owner (FSBO)’ option when you are selling your home, you need a real estate lawyer to review offers that come to you, to avoid future problems.
- If you are going through a divorce and there are real estate issues involved, such as transference of property or selling of real estate.
- If you have bought a house and there are some post-sale problems like clogged toilets. A real estate lawyer could help resolve these issues if they weren’t indicated in the contract.
In some states, it is not mandatory to have a real estate lawyer present at the closing of a deal. Even if you are not required by law, it is wise to have one. Look at some of the reasons why you should hire a real estate attorney:
- There is no personal interest that our attorney has other than making sure that that your interests have been met.
- Our real estate attorney has vast experience in handling real estate issues, which is valuable in handling unforeseen situations.
- Our attorney will protect your interests and rights.
- You will have peace of mind, which is invaluable since our attorney does all the heavy lifting.
- Our attorney will review the contract or even modify it to make sure that your needs are met.
- Our real estate lawyer can conduct a thorough title search to know the details concerning the property to see if there are hidden issues.
- Our attorney ensures that there is proper closing, which means that closing papers are ready, and payments have been made.
When it comes to real estate, there are large sums of money involved. There are financial sharks always waiting to get some pound of flesh. That’s why you need Shivji Law- a top real estate law firm in Calgary.